Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Expenses

We are on the last legs of this wedding journey. We are trying to get a photographer lined up, working on getting our bank stuff consolidated, a budget lined up, and plans for my sons birthday. We still need to find time to run out and get our Marriage license, print out all of our plane, hotel, condo, and car reservation papers.

Time is slowly ticking down and we are getting more and more excited to see the date come and go. The time spent alone in Florida will be a welcome relief.

Getting the bulging disk in my back corrected is getting more and more expensive as the week progress. I have a feeling my MRI is going to be one of those items you have to apply your deductible to, in which case I will footing the entire bill. I just paid for 12 treatments that are not covered by insurance, in order to hasten the pace of my recovery. 3 copays a week are adding up too…

Having to deal with my back was not in our budget plans for getting out of debt after the wedding, nor was my limited movement and capacity to do things factored in when we planned everything. I know my back pains and mobility are a source of disappointment for my fiancĂ©, as we struggle to do things, and miss something’s just because I cannot do them. I am working extra hard to ensure that I will be able to stand the entire wedding and that I will be able to dance at the reception, and be able to function the week afterwards. My doc is pretty positive, that with aggressive work and consistency on my part with my exercises (which is hard to achieve when your day is taken up by a job).

And that leads me to my weight. I have gone up again, and I am finding it hard to wear even new clothes I bought. Some of it is the water gain and bloating caused by the steroid I was on as an anti-inflammatory for my back. The rest of it are my diet and exercise. We have plans after the wedding to join a gym and do a lot of swimming, watch what we eat, and generally try to slim down (we have both gained weight since we have started to date... dang regular eating!)

Oh well, back to that work thing.

LaterZ!

No comments: