Saturday, February 24, 2007

"Lean on me, when your not strong"

I had the most amazing evening.
For those of you that don't know, I have decided that I need to get out more. I need to recenter my life around Christ. I want to develop new friendships, and maybe, just maybe find wonderful women with whom i do stuff with. My life is lacking for female interaction, and things are more enjoyable when you can do them with a friend.

I decided to attend the Singles Ministry at a church that is between my home and work. My first night there I was made feel welcome by a lovely lady who went above and beyond my expectations to make me feel included and part of a group. I had a wonderful evening that night with the bible study and with the gathering afterwards at a local restaurant.

She also made sure that I was invited to the the Friday night Singles dance that was going to be at Back2Life that night.

We chatted off and on through out the week, and we both were looking forward to going and getting to see each other. She made me promise to save her one dance. She got all of them. I had an absolutely wonderful evening of dancing and talking with her. We were the last of the group to leave and went to an IHOP that is near the area where we live. We ended up eating, talking, and laughing until well after 2 am.

I am completely enamored by her I must say. I understand that I have the propensity to make more of attention then is there sometimes, but I am really hopeful that this is just the start of a blossoming friendship.

- ArJayDee

No comments: