Monday, March 5, 2007

Worry Wart

What is it about me that causes me to worry myself sick about some things? What is it about me that causes me to pour too much of myself into something? Why can't I just give those things I fear the most, that I am the least prepared to handle, that causes me much worry and stress up into Gods hands without continuing to worry about them?

I worry intensely about things that are not in my control, I tend to imagine the future and then imagine it crumbling down around my ears, when in fact, I would have little to no control over its crumbling in the first place.

This worry causes me to feel down and upset to my stomach and just miserable. I shouldn't be this way, if I trust god to take care of everything and lead me along the path he would like to see me travel.

I am a firm believer in the old saying "God will not deliver unto me any trials that I can not handle with his help" And it has proven true time and time again, but each time still causes me distress as I struggle with the lesson to be learned. For i believe that each event is a lesson for me, and i must not be getting the point, because they keep happening. I feel like a mini Job sometimes.

No comments: